Auxiliary Scholarship Program Background
Auxiliary Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions
Not quite yet! You will need to have completed at least one semester at an accredited university, college, vo-tech, or trade school as a full-time student. We have found that there are many scholarship opportunities for graduates immediately after high school, but these opportunities tend to taper off in subsequent years. Our goal is to help alleviate some of the financial burden incurred after your first year as a student.
Because requirements can vary from school to school, our scholarship committee defers to whatever your university, college, vo-tech, or trade school considers full-time. Please check your policies before applying.
Absolutely! As long as you meet our eligibility requirements listed above you are welcome to apply multiple times.
You sure are! And congrats! As long as you meet our eligibility requirements listed above you are welcome to re-apply — and win! — multiple times.
Yes. As long as you are not pursuing an additional Bachelor’s (or any “four-year”) Degree or a graduate degree, you are eligible.
Each applicant is required to create and submit a video. The following are examples on which your video could focus:
- How the Electric Cooperative Youth Tour, the Youth Leadership Council, or Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp impacted me
- How I applied lessons I learned through the electric cooperative youth program later in life
- My impression of electric co-ops
- How I have given back to my local, sponsoring cooperative, statewide electric co-op organization (KEC), and/or the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA)
- How what I’m doing right now, either in college or in my extracurricular activities, ties in with the 7 Cooperative Principles
For inspiration, you are encouraged to visit Youtube.com and search “Glenn English Scholarship.” Here you will find dozens of submissions and winners from previous years.
Please note that by submitting an application video, you are granting rights for KEC and its member-cooperatives to use all or parts of your video.
The KEC Auxiliary Scholarship selection committee will be comprised of the Auxiliary chairperson, Auxiliary liaison and other KEC staff members.
If you have any questions or technical difficulties with the webform, please contact Carol Dorr, firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-478-4554.
The winner of the scholarship will be announced by Jan. 18, 2021. All applicants will receive an email.